It's that time of year again when a large percentage of the country are locked away revising. Whether you're studying for GCSEs, A Levels, or Uni exams like me, everyone needs to have a break to stop and refuel.
As I'm home from uni, I've decided to go on a bit of a health kick. So rather than reaching for the chocolate digestives, I've been finding healthy alternatives which can still satisfy my incredibly sweet tooth.
I was given Deliciously Ella's cookbook for Christmas, it has some great recipes in it and I've been gradually making my way through it.
So this is my take on her energy bite recipe
Enjoy with a cup of tea, and a good book/midday tv for the perfect break from revision.
- Dates pitted (1 cup)
- 2 types of nuts (1 cup each) - I used walnuts and almonds, but you can use whatever you like
- Linseed (2 tbsp)
- Desiccated coconut (2 tbsp)
- Coconut oil (2 tbsp)
- Cocoa powder (2 tbsp)
- Put all ingredients into a processor and blend till the mixture holds together - if the mixture isn't sticky enough add another handful of dates (I added golden syrup because I didn't have any more dates - it still worked but is probably less healthy!)
- Mould the mixture into balls
- Place in freezer for 30-45mins
- Store in fridge - they should last for up to 3 weeks (if you manage to stop yourself from eating all of them in one go!)
Good luck with the exams.